Cheezy Tahini Green Superfood Kale Chips (Recipe!)
Do you ever get this feeling that you just need something crunchy, salty, and snackalicious, like...NOW. We've all been there, and we think it's safe to say that when those chip cravings strike, attempting to ignore them is not the best method of attack. Our strategy: kill 'em with kale chips.
Kale chips are perhaps the perfect savory snack option. Loaded with nutrients like vitamins A, K, and C, Iron, Magnesium, fiber and even protein courtesy of the kale itself, there's no question they're packed full of nutrition. That nutrient-rich kale also happens to act as a delivery medium for a serious punch of flavor thanks to a mouthwatering combination of herbs, spices, nuts and seeds all blended into a creamy sauce. You can also squeeze in even more superfood nutrition by sprinkling on some sneaky green powders as well - the flavors blend seamlessly with the kale. In this recipe here we utilized our Amazing Algae by Veggimins which is loaded with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, chlorophyll, and 60% protein by weight thanks to a trifecta of organic spirulina, chlorella, and E3 Live. Superfood algae powders such as chlorella and spirulina have also been found to have incredible detoxification and cleansing benefits - they even help rid the body of heavy metals. The flavor of Amazing Algae also works in magical ways with the nutritional yeast in this recipe to give things an extra cheese-like flavor. The base of the sauce is our beloved Dastony stone ground raw sesame tahini, because there really isn't a recipe that this little gem can't vastly improve. And if you haven't already tried the dynamic combination of kale with tahini dressing you just haven't truly lived. By turning this combo into kale chips those yummy flavors simply concentrate themselves for one seriously addictive snack. OK, onto the recipe at last....
Cheezy Tahini Green Superfood Kale Chips
Makes roughly 4 dehydrator trays
2 large, or 3 small heads of green curly kale
1/2 cup Dastony Stone Ground Sesame Tahini
2 Tbs extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
1 Tbs nama shoyu or Braggs liquid aminos
1/3 cup raw cashews
3/4 cup purified water for blending
Set aside the following for sprinkling on prior to drying:
1.5 - 2 Tbs nutritional yeast
2 Tbs raw hemp seeds
2 tsp Amazing Algae by Veggimins
1. Prepare your kale by rinsing with cold water thoroughly, de-stemming, and tearing the leaves into nice bite sized chunks.
2. Prep your sauce by blitzing all ingredients (except for those set aside for sprinkling on after) in a blender until smooth.
3. Now it's time to coat your kale in sauce! Work in sections, placing 1/3-1/2 of your kale in a large bowl and pour on sauce incrementally. Using your (clean) hands, mix the kale and sauce together so that each leaf is properly coated in a nice thin layer of sauce. Continue this process until all kale is done. You may have extra sauce leftover, but it is amazing as a salad dressing or as a drizzle over steamed veggies and sweet potatoes as well - so you wont be complaining.
4. Sprinkle on your hemp seeds, Amazing Algae, and nutritional yeast and gently mix to evenly coat your saucy kale.
4. Once coated, spread kale evenly in a dehydrator - you'll need about 2 trays for each head of kale. Make sure that you're not overlapping your kale leaves, spread them out evenly so everything can dry uniformly.
5. Dehydrate at 135 for the first several hours, then turn drying temperature down to 115-120 and let dry overnight or until crispy - about 8-12 hours.
Store in an airtight ziplock bag. They will start to lose their crunch pretty rapidly, but we promise these will not sit around for long. SO addictive!